Asphalt seal coating is a protective coating applied over the asphalt surface. By sealing your asphalt, we are putting a protective barrier over the structure of the asphalt. This seals out problems of extreme weather conditions in Central Oregon.
Sealcoat provides two essential benefits — surface preservation and aesthetic improvement. Asphalt is a complex mixture of stone, aggregate, mineral fillers and asphaltic binder, which are predominantly open chain in structure. The open chain provides easy access to weather, salts and chemicals that attack and disintegrate the asphaltic structure. This is also why you want to seal coat your new asphalt. In fact, a newly constructed pavement surface can completely separate and fall apart from the top down in 10 – 15 years if left unsealed. Sealcoating every 3-6 years prevents this erosion and breakdown while providing a smooth, black surface that is visually appealing. Many of our customers take a proactive approach to maintenance by sealcoating more often than they need to for surface preservation because of the substantial aesthetic improvement it provides. We can design a plan and proposal that fits your needs and objectives based on what’s most important to you.
IMPORTANT BENEFITS OF SEAL COATING
- Process is fast for less interruption of traffic and business flow
- Saves you money by more than doubling the life of your asphalt
- Sealing is waterproofing. It keeps out moisture that could corrode the sub-grade of your asphalt
- Creates a barrier from harmful elements that could break down the asphalt
- Seals in the beneficial properties that exist in asphalt pavement
- Provides curb appeal of a new looking black appearance
- Maintained pavement is much easier to keep clean